Created on 02 October 2011
- Sit or lie comfortably. Close your eyes.
- Place your hand over your heart. Breathe into your heart for a minute or two. Focus on your breath, bringing love into your heart area. Breath is a free gift, giving without judgment; a requisite for life. Therefore breath is a manifestation of unconditional love.
- Draw up a memory of positive emotions or an enjoyable time from the past. Choose an event, feeling, or person that has strong positive emotions associated with it/them. The stronger the emotion, the more possibility you will feel it in your body. It’s important for you to feel, as this is the language of the heart.
- Visualize yourself being showered with these positive emotions. Send yourself unconditional love and feel how full you are.
- Visualize the person you’re having difficulty with. If required, put them at a comfortable distance from you.
- Send that person love. It is important to make this is more than just intent or a wish, but an expression of your heart. Do this by drawing up the energy of positive emotions in the previous step. Feel it. Repeats steps 3 and 4 if necessary. Ask that similar positive feelings and love be sent to the person. You can picture the feelings being placed in a gift package or sent as energy into the heart of the other person. Or come up with your own creative way to send the person whatever measure of unconditional love you can offer.
- End your heart communication with a prayer of thanks.