- Created on 10 October 2011
In an earlier post I describe our self as Conscious Heart. There I also explain why I'm using the term Conscious Heart to describe our self.
To connect with our self, it is best to frame our attitude and perspective from the soul platform. Grounded in this being, and visiting our Conscious Heart regularly, we become familiar and friendly with our core Self. Through this association we begin acting more as our true Self in the world, manifesting our true purpose.
Draw your attention daily to these truths. And taking a moment to meditate on this before taking the 5 Steps to Bring Attention to Your Self at Your Heart:
- I am a spiritual being resplendent with all good qualities
- I am atomic in size
- I am eternal, full of knowledge, and ecstasy
I am a spiritual being resplendent with all good qualities.
Our identity is as spirit loveliness. Imagine an intelligent, happy person, exquisite beyond any beauty we see in this world, who is goodness personified. She is a celestial, divine being perfectly formed with inspiring ideals and integrity.
She doesn’t think about how to love or give love. Her very being--comprised of spiritual ego, intelligence, mind, and heart--emits pure love ceaselessly. Loving, like her breathing, is a function of her Being.
As a connoisseur of the spiritual field, she relishes the highest emotional experience: unconditional love. She is always bathed in this emotion. Everyone is drawn to this person, wants to be with this person. Even if not a direct recipient of her love, just being in her presence, fills others up with the spiritual love she emanates.
You are this spirit.
I am atomic in size.
The Vedic literatures say that while we are extremely powerful, we are a minute, finite, fraction of the spiritual whole. As small as one ten-thousandth the tip of a hair. Assume the role of atomic Being. By doing so, we are escorted into the spiritual realm.
When we reduce our sense of identity to the atomic scale, we are longer confined to a human body, which is so tall, so heavy, born here, living there. From this perspective, what is my relationship to others, the Divine, the vast cosmos?
- As atomic Being, we gratefully accept our position as the servant of our spiritual family members and the Divine. We revere service, the majesty of unconditional love, which gives as the taste of incomparable grandeur and ecstasy.
- We don’t attempt perfection. Finite particles are subject to forgetfulness and making mistakes. We aspire to loving service with the full capacity our heart. Our capacity expands by practice and spiritual maturity, and as it does, our happiness reaches ecstatic states.
- We remain in a humble state of mind, thus worthy of receiving grace.
- Living from the reality as atomic Being we're conscious of our dependence and interdependence on the Divine, who gives us protection, maintenance, and friendship. Contemplating like this is the platform of lasting peace.
You are this spirit.
I am eternal, full of knowledge, and ecstasy.
According to the ancient Vedas, spiritual beings are eternal, full of knowledge, and ecstasy (sac-cid-ananda).
As an eternal spiritual being we do not know any type of fear, as our true Self does not die. Our constitution, our spiritual genetics, programs us as the possessor of full knowledge. Knowledge illuminates. Neither the material elements, nor time, can ultimately stand between our direct perception of our Self and the Divine.
Without fear, with full of knowledge, good qualities and love, we are happy beyond measure. Our constant sought-after experience is to express love more creatively and to increase the range of that love. This is all we think about and strive for: our next loving exchange. Our happiness is unwavering. As we give love, it returns to us in greater measure. The cycle of loving is boundless.
We do not have to feel sadness to know happiness; to feel fear, to know relief and security. These types of dual time-bound conditions don’t exist in spirit. Therefore, our happiness is more than pleasure, joy, peace, satisfaction, or contentment. It is the highest possible happiness: ecstasy.
You are this spirit.